The Bahamas are one of the most popular travel destinations in the Caribbean. On a recent trip to The Bahamas, I visited the islands of Bimini and traveled to Nassau to stay at the famous Atlantis Resort.
Depending on the type of trip you’re planning, you’re likely to spend most of your time out in the sun or in the water. You don’t need much, so pack items you can mix and match with swimwear.
Use my packing ideas below, but revise as needed based on weather and season for when you plan your own trip to The Bahamas!
My Trip Details
Travel Dates: Early January (Busy season between December to February)
Weather: There is no bad time to visit The Bahamas as the weather is great year-round! Temperatures rarely fall below 60°F – even in winter.
What to Pack for a Week in The Bahamas
1. Sun Hat // It gets hot in The Bahamas and you WILL need a hat. I love big brimmed hats for days by the pool and beach.
2. COOLA Sunscreen // COOLA is my favorite sunscreen for sunny vacations! Their products smell amazing, provide great protection and are made from natural and organic ingredients.
3. Dry Bags // Dry bags are a lifesaver on any vacation involving bikinis. Use them as a sand proof bag for storing your phone on the beach, or pack your wet bikini inside to avoid soaking your other clothes. They’re water resistant so they keep water out or in depending on what you need!
4. Cute Sunglasses // No explanation needed! But, pack a few pairs!
5. Tote Bag // Travel bags that double as handbags and backpacks are my go to. You can easily go from a day around town to a day of exploring without worrying about your bag.
10. Black Crop Top // I always bring a black crop top for mixing and matching with different items to create versatile outfits
11. Loose Pants // Instead of casual pants, get yourself a pair of stylish, loose-fitting pants for a tropical destination. They’re just as comfortable as yoga pants but can be styled up for a night out, or down for a day of travel.
12. Romper // I’m a huge fan of shorts rompers. They’re chic, comfortable and take up less space in your suitcase.
13. Midi Dress // Pack a midi dress for a classy style during the day or night.
14. Maxi Dress // Don’t forget something a little dressier in case you decide to go out for a nice dinner or a night out.
15. Kaftan // I love kaftans for beach and pool days. They’re stylish enough to wear as an outfit but are perfectly practical as bikini coverups.
16. High Waisted Bikinis // I am obsessed with high waisted bikinis right now. They’re perfect for active days when you want a bit more coverage or more “loungey” days when you want to feel and look your best by the pool.
17. Colorful Bikini // The Bahamas are all about color so don’t shy away from bold bikinis!
18. Sandals // I found that I stuck to a fairly casual pair of tan sandals and a tan heel nearly my entire trip. You could also pack along a wedge or another color sandal if you want to ensure you have a pair for every outfit.
READ NEXT: The Ultimate Carry-On Packing Guide